Bob, Postcard Transcript
Bob, Postcard Transcript
Bob: It's a beautiful place to be. I like the, the activities that we have. I like the people here. You know. It's just a... a good place.
[Hallway sounds] Because I like going down to the end of the hallway, you know, and going to look out the window. I like seeing the people outside and I like the plants that we have all along the window sills. Just seeing different people, sometimes they're up and about and you know.
[Sound of physio band] Listening to, uh, the elastic band stretching. We're doing a little bit of physio. Yeah, and it helps for the arm movement. Yeah.
[Sound of bed] Yeah, that lowers the bed and raises the bed. We have the remote here, which is a nice thing. It's like you can lower it and you can raise it. [Bed sounds]
Researcher: You talked before about getting out of bed. So getting into your chair.
Bob: Yeah, they have the machine here. It's like a treat in itself. Just the experience of going up and being swung over, [laughter] being let down on the chair. Safe landing, you know.
[TV sounds]
Researcher: So could you tell us a little bit about the show?
Bob: Yeah, it's about native people and they tell their stories of how they got to know the Lord and their life experiences. And, uh, it's a half hour and they have a little bit of music and a little bit of scriptures and, uh, and they... I enjoy it.
So yeah, the services are downstairs and they will come and get us and bring us down. And I enjoy all of it, you know. I really enjoy all of them. Like the Jewish one I'm enjoying, the Catholic one, the Anglican one. Makes me feel happy and, uh, it uplifts my spirits. [Guitar background music] Just because I hear a good message and because I hear the good music, it stays with me for a while, yeah. (Laughter) That's the difference. There's a big difference being here and being at home. So home was kind of boring and here it's more kind of lively.
[Sound of blinds opening] Open up the blinds is nice because it lets the light in and it makes me wake up during the day. I enjoy that and letting the light come into the room and it gives me a good feeling. You know, when the spring comes it's nice you know you'll see flowers and the gardens and things like that and, uh, buds coming out and, uh, things coming alive it's a good feeling. And yeah and then the summertime everything's kind of green. And like the fall, I like seeing the fall and all the colors. The winter it's kind of cold and we just close the windows a little bit and, but it's nice even in the wintertime watching the snow fall and things like that.
[Loud beeping noise]
Researcher: What's that?
Bob: They might have a message coming through. That doesn't happen too often.
[Loud beeping noise continues]
Researcher: It's um...
Bob: I'm sure you can record that one if you like.
Researcher: It's recording right now, so...
(laughter)
Bob: That's a good one to record.
Researcher: Well, how do you feel hearing it?
Bob: It startles me a little bit, but not... It just... things don't bother me too much, you know? I'm just that type of a person that... Go with the flow, you know?
[Loud beep] That's another recording.
PA: All clear.
Researcher: All clear. All clear is good.
Bob: Did he say it's over?
Researcher: Yeah, I think so.
Bob: Okay.
[Loud beep]
Researcher: Well (laughter), in theory.
[Guitar background music]
Bob: I was just thinking of that one that says, Don't Think Twice, It's Alright.
Researcher: Oh, that's great.
Bob: Well, it ain't no use in sit and wonder why, If you don't know by now. And it ain't no use in sit and wonder why. It'll never do anyhow. When the rooster crows at the break of dawn, Look out your window and I'll be gone. You're the reason I'm traveling on, don't think twice, it's alright.
Comments
Post a Comment